Bill Daly299 Dilworth La.
Langhorne, Pa 19047
BBA Cum Laude
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Certified Public Accountant
Founded this organization to provide part-time CFO services to emerging companies. We specialize in not-for-profits.
Assist clients to prepare for their audits. Many government grantees must provide an annual audit and are subject to inspections during which their policies and procedures are evaluated.
Assist client to prepare their annual budgets and to review their financial results.
- Designed and implemented system to produce monthly rentrolls. Property manager was using a service bureau for their accounting department. Reporting was plain vanilla with no industry specific abilities. Office manager now produces this critical report.
- Revamped monthly reporting to better suit needs of Board of Director's needs. Company was using a one page complex format with budgets, consolidated income and line of business income. Reduced complexity by summarizing revenue and expenses and showing critical operating results for each line of business.
- Ported company accounts to Quickbooks on line; simplified billing procedures and improved receivable and payable reporting.
Director of Information Services and Comptroller Friends Rehabilitation Program2005-2013
Company constructs and operates low income housing. New projects are funded through grants from Philadelphia, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Housing and Urban Development and from sale of low-income tax credits. Rents are typically subsidized with operating grants.
- Selected and installed Web-based accounting system. Drafted a requirement's analysis for the company's accounting system. Interviewed and selected vendors. Directed both installation and the staff training.
- Setup grant ledger. Company receives operating grants from the Philadelphia, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and HUD. Many require monthly and annual accounting on dates different from the company's fiscal year. Implemented detail grant ledger by grant.
- Brought FRP into compliance with HUD tenant qualification rules. Many of FRP's tenants have rental assistance. HUD's rules for compliance are exacting, and FRP was cited for failures to comply. HUD accordingly withheld grant revenue pending proof of compliance
- Selected virtual hosting service to replace in-house servers. The company had an aging computer infrastructure. Identified the need to replace the whole system. Championed Web-based services. Wrote the requirements analysis. Interviewed and selected the winning vendor.
Vice President and Treasurer Daly Web and Edit, Inc.1986-present
Family-owned business provides editing and IT services. Family-owned business provides IT and publishing services.
Built and maintained web sites driven by SQL databases. Worked with SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, and Mysql.
Consulted on converting hand-posted accounting systems to computer systems. Installed and configured computer systems. Served as my clients' systems administrator.
- Wrote and published Timothy, a file documentation and management program. See http://dilworth.DalyWebAndEdit.com/timothy/manager.py
- Prepared an HIPAA compliance and security guide for Friends Services for the Aging, a retirement community trade group. Guide provides queries to assist IT managers to recognizing threats, and compare their policies best practices.
Comptroller GP Technologies
Comptroller for the typewriter part manufacturer.
Auditor KPMG Peat Marwick
In-charge auditor for this Big Eight CPA firm.
- Alto recorder, among other instruments, in the Newtown Recorder Consort, a chamber music group. We perform Renaissance and baroque music for nursing homes and local events.
- Bucks Quarterly Meeting of Friends (Quakers). Founded in the 1680s, Bucks Quarter consists of 13 local congregations in Bucks, Lehigh, and Hunterdon counties. Serve on board-level committees.
- President, Friends Housing Co-op, founded in 1950, a Philadelphia gated community of historic townhouses from the 1840s.